Special Educational Needs & Disabilities
Tupton Hall School is a fully inclusive mainstream school where every student is valued regardless of their ability, needs or interests. Our objective is to improve the educational outcomes of students with additional needs, thereby ensuring no child is left behind.
Tupton Hall School is committed to:
- Providing timely and effective support to meet individual children's need.
- Ensuring that all children have the right support to ensure they achieve their potential.
- Supporting children's social, emotional wellbeing and mental health.
- Removing barriers to learning.
At Tupton Hall, the Inclusion Team works closely with staff across the school to support students with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND), ensuring that they are fully integrated into the life of the school whilst developing their self-esteem, confidence and independence.
If you require any additional information please contact the SENDCO, Sarah Burton on 01246 863127 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our SEN Information Report
As a school, we are mindful of and comply with the expectations of the SEN and Disability Code of Practice 0-25 years, introduced by the Government in June 2014. We also adhere to the Equality Act 2010.
We use different interventions and approaches to address specific areas of need and would look carefully at your child’s individual needs when deciding how best to support your child in consultation with parents/carers and the young person.
We have developed a SEN Information Report which explains how we support children with Special Educational Needs in our school.
- Find out what support is available for young people with Special Educational Needs in Derbyshire through the Derbyshire Local Offer
- Read more about the Department for Education's new code of practice for Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) for 0 - 25 year olds: SEND Code of Practice 0 - 25 Years