GCSE students celebrate success and look ahead to exciting next steps
The class of 2022 eagerly awaited their GCSE results at Tupton Hall School, a member of Redhill Academy Trust.
Students have had to adapt to remote learning, intermittent lockdown measures and the stresses of a global pandemic during two years of their GCSE studies. Overall, 60.8% of the cohort achieved 5 or more GCSEs graded 9 to 4, including English and Maths, while 39.6% achieved 5 or more GCSEs graded 9 to 5.
Headteacher Mr Andrew Knowles commented: “This group of students were incredible as they coped with learning remotely at home, frequent pandemic related absences and the pressures of a full formal extended examination period over two months. They worked in partnership with our committed and dedicated staff to achieve excellent results.”
“We are delighted that so many of them have the qualifications to now progress to the next stage of their lives. Whilst I am very pleased with overall results I would also like to celebrate with our students and families the wider sense of community spirit, support, compassion and belief that has shone through over the last two years. Thank you and well done to all.”
- Ebony Cole achieved a remarkable 9 straight 9 grades. Pippa Carter also achieved amazing results; 10 grade 9s! Whilst Pippa was not available for comment, Ebony commented; “I am so pleased with my results, but could not have achieved them without the support from my teachers at the school.”
- Leah Jupp achieved an incredible two grade 9s, five grade 8s, one grade 7 and one grade 6. Leah will be returning to Tupton Hall Sixth Form in September to pursue her dream of becoming a lawyer. Reflecting on her time at Tupton Hall School, Leah commented; “The teachers have been fantastic and the extra-curricular activities have been varied. I’ve decided to stay on at Tupton Hall Sixth Form because the range of courses is great.”
- Harry Clark did fantastically, achieving one grade 9, five grade 8s, one grade 7 and one grade 6. Harry praised Tupton Hall School for having “good supportive staff,” and will attend Tupton Hall Sixth Form in September. Harry will study PE, Psychology and Business Studies at A Level. “I enjoyed my school experience including the extra-curricular activities, especially footballing with my mates and the good, friendly atmosphere of the school.”
- George Archibald was extremely happy with his results. He earned five grade 9s, four grade 8s and one grade 7. George will return to the school’s sixth form in September, to study A Levels in Maths, Chemistry, Biology and Music in the next step towards his dream career in Biochemistry. George said “I’m happy with my results; the teachers were always prepared to accommodate and help. They believed in me as a person. I enjoyed everything about my time at Tupton Hall School, the people, teachers and school performances.”
- Kate Burton was amazed with her results, having achieved seven grade 9s, 1 grade 8 and 2 grade 7s. Collecting her results, she beamed: “I’m so happy and excited, these results are amazing! The teachers have been brilliant, always giving extra work to push and encourage you. The teachers believe in you and invest so much time and energy into their students.” Next year, Kate will be returning to Tupton Hall Sixth Form to study A Levels in Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Further Maths with ambitions to become a veterinarian.
- Charlotte Kinder has made fantastic progress from her Year 7 starting point and will be studying Business at Derby College. Charlotte thanked staff at Tupton Hall School for her success; “Staff here are supportive in every aspect, especially helping to catch up after the disruptions of the pandemic.”
- Tyler Beresford also did fantastically, achieving 3 grade 9s and above, two grade 8s, two grade 7s and two grade 6s. Tyler said: “I feel so good about my results, relieved, too. I’m going to be joining Tupton Hall Sixth Form in September and will be studying A Levels in Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Computer Science. In the long term I’d like to study Computer Science at University and work in that field. These results are the first steps towards that.”
While many students will continue their studies at Tupton Hall Sixth Form, others are going to college to study vocational courses and apprenticeships.
Other high performing individuals:
- Pippa Carter: nine grade 9s.
- Ella Rodgers: two grade 9s, five grade 8s
- Angelina Powell: two grade 9s, four grade 8s
- Charlie Bingham: seven grade 8s, one grade 7, one grade 6.
Other students making outstanding progress from their Year 7 starting points:
- Abi Cranmer: six grades 4 and above.
- Harvey Moffatt: one eight, seven 6s