MAKING THE MOVE FROM PRIMARY TO SECONDARY
We aim to make the transfer to Tupton Hall School an exciting experience for both children and parents, working closely with partner primary schools to achieve this.
There is plenty of opportunity for you and your child to visit us to discover how the school is run and to learn about this new environment.
Our staff also visit primary schools to ensure that we are fully briefed on the needs and challenges facing individual pupils and to ensure continuity of learning and support.
Primary school pupils are invited to many of our school events throughout the school year. In addition, there is a wide transition programme on offer for all Year 6 students prior to their arrival in September.
NEED TO SPEAK TO SOMEONE? WE'RE HERE TO HELP
Call the school office on 01246 863127 to speak to one of the following members of staff. Or email them direct using the links below.
Transition - Information for parents
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to the the current uncertainty around schools re-opening, we are not able to run our full transition programme this year.
We intend to use Friday 4 September 2020 as a Transition Day for all new Year 7 students. This is an INSET Day, so they will be the only year group in school. This day will allow us to welcome students, they can meet form tutors and orientate themselves in the school environment.
Please be assured that we will continue to work closely with parents, pupils and primary schools to ensure you get the best possible start at Tupton Hall School.
- Transition normally includes six days of activities spread throughout June and July
- A chance for children to settle into school life and familiarise themselves with new surroundings
- Prepare for transition by reading the Registration Pack and returning the important forms
- Please also read the Moving Up booklet
- Transition Days are practice for school. Make sure your child brings a pen, pencil, ruler, rubber, PE kit, outdoor activity kit, birth certificate and any medication
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Transition Videos - What do pupils and parents think?
VIDEO: Families give feedback
VIDEO: Our first year at Tupton Hall
Parent Survey 2019/20
See what this year's cohort of parents think about the school, the Transition programme and how their children have settled in during Term 1: